web-m and Fedora 14

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri May 21 09:21:01 UTC 2010

Peter Robinson wrote:
> I don't see when the support lands in F-13 there couldn't be press
> statements about it, just because it appears after the release doesn't
> mean its not significant and isn't worth making a statement about.

In fact this is a big failure of our feature process, but whenever I have
brung this up in FESCo, the reaction of the other folks there was to
threaten banning that kind of updates entirely. :-/

<SARCASM>Yeah, wonderful idea, let's allow everyone else to advertise WebM
support months before us</SARCASM> just because the upstream release date
happened to be at the worst possible point of our release cycle. :-/

Adding features in updates is needed. Our feature process needs to
accomodate this. The current process is broken.

        Kevin Kofler