rawhide report: 20100517 changes

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Sat May 22 00:55:33 UTC 2010

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 08:40:12AM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 07:44:48AM +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > Rawhide Report wrote:
> > > mumble-1.2.2-8.fc14
> > > -------------------
> > > * Sun May 16 2010 Andreas Osowski <th0br0 at mkdir.name> - 1.2.2-8
> > > - Rebuild for protobuf ABI change
> > > - Added redhat-lsb to the Requires for murmur
> >
> > As already noted by Rahul Sundaram when this change was made in CVS, redhat-
> > lsb is NOT a valid dependency for a Fedora package,[...]
>
> What happens if we want to run the /usr/bin/lsb_release command?
>
> I needed that the other day, but when I saw the lsb_release is in
> redhat-lsb which requires a vast number of libraries, I found an
> alternate method.

Look in rawhide now.   The redhat-lsb SRPM has been split into
multiple subpackages, including -graphics and -printing exactly so
that you can Require: lsb   to get the initscript and lsb_release
stuff, without also pulling in all the graphics and printing
libraries.

--
Matt Domsch
Technology Strategist