base kernel to build fedora

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon May 24 12:04:12 UTC 2010

On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 11:11:57PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> I could maybe buy "fedora N is built on fedora N-1", but there are two
> problems with that: first, you'd need a separate build farm for every
> branch,

With mock running directly inside Xen VMs as is the case now, then
yes.  But with mock running inside a tiny VM which is just launched
for the purpose of the build, you shouldn't need extra build farms.

> and second, fedora N-1 is still a moving target for much of the
> life of fedora N.

Well, this gets back to the updates policy :-)

The issue is what kernel does Fedora N-1 have, and that should
hopefully be a bit more stable.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top