libjpeg for F14

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon May 24 12:24:24 UTC 2010

On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 05:55:39PM +0200, Xose Vazquez Perez wrote:
> The libjpeg version(6b) in Fedora is quite old(27-Mar-1998).
> And newer versions were released on:
>
> Version 7   27-Jun-2009
> Version 8   10-Jan-2010
> Version 8a  28-Feb-2010
> Version 8b  16-May-2010
> <http://www.ijg.org/>

libjpeg has an odd upstream.  We needed some build fixes to be
included for the Windows cross-compiler, but found the current
upstream to be unresponsive (although at least they're making releases
now ...)

There's also this project, to add hardware acceleration (SSE and so
on) to libjpeg:

http://libjpeg-turbo.virtualgl.org/

If we're going to switch, maybe this is a good choice.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top