base kernel to build fedora

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Mon May 24 13:13:31 UTC 2010

On 05/23/2010 11:11 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> I still carry the scars from when mysql stopped building in brew, a
> couple years ago.  Not just rawhide, but brew in general.  Eventually
> (after a couple months of bewilderment) it emerged that the build

  Frustrating I am sure - but it could have been the other way round -
built fine and didnt work on the newer kernel ... or whatever.

  Or  what about a developer adding new features to mysql in your
example - they would find themselves unable to compile as well quite
possibly.

  I think a better rule is - if there are problems, let us reasonably
find and fix them.

  The dont-touch-it-it-may-break philosophy is not obviously a better
policy in all situations.

 gene/