fc12 in F13

Matt McCutchen matt at mattmccutchen.net
Thu May 27 15:48:19 UTC 2010

> In the cases where you have an fc12 package and there is no fc13
> package, though, that's not necessarily any kind of problem, it just
> means the package wasn't rebuilt for F13, or if it was, the rebuild
> failed. The rebuild failing would be something we'd want to fix over
> time, but if the fc12 package works, there's no intrinsic problem here
> for a user to worry about.

There are two cases to distinguish.  Packages with the fc12 dist tag
that are also in F13, such as zlib-1.2.3-23.fc12
(https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=124463), are
fine.  Packages that are not in F13, such as gdevilspie, will appear in
"package-cleanup --orphans" output and should be considered unsupported
if one chooses to leave them installed.

--
Matt