nvr issues, yum distro-sync

Matt McCutchen matt at mattmccutchen.net
Thu May 27 19:58:18 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-05-27 at 15:03 -0400, James Antill wrote:
>  While it's not good packaging, most of the time these bad versions
> don't cause any problems.

It's better to have the packages that are supported (to the extent that
the community provides support) for the distribution version being used
and won't appear in "package-cleanup --orphans".  AIUI, there is no
correspondence between the release numbers of a package in different
Fedora versions, so the higher-release F12 package may lack fixes that
the lower-release F13 package has.

>  If you want to get rid of them "easily" though, feel free to install
> the yum from rawhide and run "distro-sync".

I'm looking forward to using "distro-sync".  Will PackageKit change to
do "distro-sync" instead of "update"?  I think it should.

--
Matt