"Subpixel smoothing" options should be per-monitor

Konstantin Ryabitsev icon at fedoraproject.org
Fri May 28 13:24:24 UTC 2010

Hi, all:

This is fairly obvious, but I couldn't find anything in bugzilla, so
I'll mention it here. I have a docking station and an LCD monitor
connected to it. When I dock, I have two screens -- one that's
attached to my laptop, another that is external. That part works fine.

However, I run into problems when I set up sub-pixel smoothing. My
laptop is VRGB, while my external LCD is RGB. There's currently no
option (that I see) to set up sub-pixel smoothing tweaks per-monitor,
while there really should be, because I either have colourful fonts on
one screen or the other screen. The only option that I have currently
is to not use sub-pixel smoothing.

Cheers,
--
McGill University IT Security