tor-lsb -- hey, look, package script, don't complain to _me_. I'm just installing you.

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Sun May 30 05:20:45 UTC 2010

On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 12:06:12AM -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> See: https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/347

Yeah, I remember this coming up before with the issue of zillions of
dependencies.

The problem here is the output. I know (as discussed in that ticket,
actually) that the Fedora guidelines don't forbid output in the post
scripts. I think it _should_ be forbidden except in the case of errors, but
that's not the issue here. The problem is _what_ the message says, its tone,
and to whom it is addressed. All unhelpful and bad for Fedora.