Fedora rawhide FTBFS status 2010-05-27 x86_64

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Mon May 31 18:37:57 UTC 2010

I updated python-sphinx in rawhide this morning to fix the issue seen here::

http://linux.dell.com/files/fedora/FixBuildRequires/mock-results/i386/bzr-2.2-0.5.b1.fc14.src.rpm/result/build.log

sphinx-build -b html -d _build/doctrees   . _build/html
Running Sphinx v1.0b1
building [html]: targets for 4 source files that are out of date
updating environment: 4 added, 0 changed, 0 removed
reading sources... [ 25%] index
reading sources... [ 50%] mini-tutorial/index
reading sources... [ 75%] quick-reference/index
reading sources... [100%] user-guide/index
looking for now-outdated files... none found
pickling environment... done
checking consistency... done
preparing documents... done
writing output... [ 25%] index
Exception occurred:
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/sphinx/writers/html.py", line 482, in depart_title
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 34: ordinal not in range(128)

This can occur if your package uses python-sphinx to build documentation
*and* the package is building documentation in a language that is translated
in sphinx.  I doubt that this is a large number of packages but I thought
I should mention it in case other people see it too.

-Toshio