tor-lsb -- hey, look, package script, don't complain to _me_. I'm just installing you.

Ryan Rix ry at n.rix.si
Mon May 31 18:49:04 UTC 2010

On Sat 29 May 2010 11:10:35 pm Matthew Miller wrote:
> And this one is: packages should not print out messages complaining about
> the state of other packages in Fedora. That's not the right process for
> solving those issues. If redhat-lsb is broken, there's a procedure for
> dealing with that, and it isn't "give confusing warnings to the end
> users!"

+1

Airing out our dirty laundry for our users to see is not something that we
should allow or promote. I'm all for reporting errors, but b*tching to
users? No. I'm going to file a bug on this if someone else has not.

It's pretty non-excellent of this package's maintainer, but judging by his
previous actions I am not surprised. He has shown in the past that he has no
qualms with breaking the "be excellent to eachother" rule.

Ryan

--
Ryan Rix
== http://rix.si/page/contact/ if you need a word         ==