The new Update Acceptance Criteria are broken (was: Re: Heads Up - New Firefox update)

Adam Williamson awilliam at
Mon Nov 1 01:06:15 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-10-31 at 04:37 +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Martin Stransky wrote:
> > there's a new Firefox update waiting in Bodhi and we can't push it to
> > stable because of new rules. We recommend you to update to it ASAP as it
> > fixes a public critical 0day vulnerability
> > (
> Looks like the F13 build got karma quickly enough to land directly in stable
> after all, the F12 build, on the other hand, was stuck in testing for 2 days
> before finally making it out to stable. Yet another blatant example of
> failure of the Update Acceptance Criteria, needlessly exposing our users to
> critical vulnerabilities.

Kevin, could you *please* not word things like that? There's just no
need for it.

I already wrote this to -test a couple of days ago:

and we're discussing it there. I think the thread demonstrates things
tend to go much more constructively if you avoid throwing words like
'blatant' and 'failure' and 'needlessly' around. We designed a policy,
put it into effect, now we're observing how well it works and we can
modify its implementation on the fly. It doesn't need to be done in an
adversarial spirit.
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey