The new Update Acceptance Criteria are broken (was: Re: Heads Up - New Firefox update)

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 17:13:42 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 5:08 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> Saying 'oh dear, this might not work, we'd better not try' is rarely a
> good approach, IMHO. It's better to try things, with the proviso that
> you accept when they aren't working and withdraw or modify them.

I would agree with this, if the "let's try them and see what happens"
approach to a process makes it a point to set up a set of specific
conditions before putting a new process in place which latch a
withdraw of the process.   "Hey we are going to try this.. and if this
or this other things happens..then we are going to stop doing this and
put our heads together and have a little re-think about modifying the
process"

-jef