The new Update Acceptance Criteria are broken (was: Re: Heads Up - New Firefox update)

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Nov 1 18:26:43 UTC 2010

Adam Williamson wrote:
> The policies prevented us from shipping a number of completely broken
> updates, which is exactly what they were intended to do. I don't have a
> command handy to do a search for rejected proposed critpath updates for
> F14, but if you figure it out, you can see the precise results of the
> policy there.

They also let several completely broken updates through and then delayed the
FIXES for those updates, exactly as I had been warning about all the time.

For example, my firstboot update which was required to make the Xfce spin
work again (there was an additional problem with the LXDE spin, but that one
was present both before and after that update, and could only be noticed
after that update was pushed) got delayed.

> The fact is that they did predict a failure which has not, in fact, come
> to pass (neither F13 nor F14 have long queues of old critpath updates).

Even ONE old critpath update is a failure.

        Kevin Kofler