ABRT opt-out? (Re: bugzilla bugzappers?)

Sven Lankes sven at lank.es
Thu Nov 4 14:38:18 UTC 2010

On Thu, Nov 04, 2010 at 02:21:19PM +0100, Christoph Wickert wrote:

[Opt-out for ABRT-Reports]

> How would you do that? A popup in ABRT that reads
>               "Sorry, but the maintainer of this package
>               has decided to not accept any bug reports."

Nope.

App X crashes and then _nothing_ happens. Just as if abrtd wasn't
running.

Maybe a hint in the crash-list of the abrt app that the maintainer has
decided to not accept abrt generated bug-reports.

I like abrt but I'd say that it should be up to the maintainer if he
wants to use the tool or not. In particular when ignoring the reports
sheds a bad light on the projects bug-response-quality perception.

sven === jabber/xmpp: sven at lankes.net