ABRT opt-out? (Re: bugzilla bugzappers?)

Frank Murphy frankly3d at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 15:00:42 UTC 2010

On 04/11/10 14:46, Jiri Moskovcak wrote:
<snip>

  but when user
> wants to report (or generate a backtrace) it will tell him something like:
>
>        ABRT can't report a bug in this application, because it's not able
> to gather all required information. You can analyze the bug using ABRT,
> but you have to create the report manually.

Thats where the user may say "Forget this"

> or something in that sense I bet someone get make a better and more
> polite message...

Be honest, not polite.
If a maintainer doesn't want auto generated bugz,
then tell the user.
"The maintainer would prefer a manully generated report,
please contact the package maintainer: foo-owner@ \
bugzilla component foo for further details"

--
Regards,

Frank Murphy
UTF_8 Encoded