bugzilla bugzappers?

Dr Andrew John Hughes ahughes at redhat.com
Thu Nov 4 18:26:49 UTC 2010

On 19:06 Thu 04 Nov     , Jiri Moskovcak wrote:
> On 11/04/2010 06:56 PM, Dr Andrew John Hughes wrote:

> >> <snip>

> >> Then step up and work with the abrt devs, tell them what you need.
> >> "Don't shoot the messenger, help improve the message"
> >>

> > I just have.
> >
> > And not for the first time.
> >

> Speaking of JVM - I already tried to contact the JVM maintainers
> (http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/java-devel/2010-October/003957.html)....
> I can blacklist jvm before we figure this out, but I'm afraid, that by
> silencing ABRT the whole JVM+ABRT problem will just go off the radar...

Yes, this thread is what I was referring to.

If you're happy with /var/log/openjdk as a location for error logs, I
can look at adding this option upstream.  But this would take time to
appear in the java-1.6.0-openjdk packages and presumably for the abrt
side to be worked out too.

In the meantime, we should consider turning off ABRT for OpenJDK until
fixes on both the abrt and OpenJDK side have trickled through to end
users.