Default partitioning

David Cantrell dcantrell at
Thu Nov 4 19:16:27 UTC 2010

On Sat, 30 Oct 2010, Matt McCutchen wrote:

> On Sat, 2010-10-30 at 14:03 -0800, Javier Prats wrote:
>> Where is this info kept on the install image and how would I go about
>> modifying it locally to start playing?  I'd like to learn whether some
>> one else does this or not.
> It's in anaconda.  The / and /home specifications are here (line numbers
> may rot):
> The requiredSpace is checked here:
> You would have to modify the python files and then either rebuild
> anaconda or create an updates image.  See:

While the anaconda team would implement the technical aspects for this change,
I think there's also the distribution policy issue as well.  The amount to
reserve for /home as well as the algorithm for determining how much to
allocate for /home might as well be a Fedora distribution policy decision.

David Cantrell <dcantrell at>
Red Hat / Honolulu, HI