bugzilla bugzappers?

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 21:49:04 UTC 2010

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 1:51 AM, Peter Lemenkov wrote:
> 2010/11/4 Orcan Ogetbil :
>> Maybe it is time to discuss the usefulness of ABRT to Fedora. I think
>> that it is a great idea for commercial products such as RHEL, but it
>> obviously did not fit Fedora as is.
>
> No need to discuss - it's really useful. I recently closed several
> issues with the aid of stacktaces sent by ABRT.

I am very happy that the current scheme works well for you. You think
that we should ignore the outstanding 93% of the ABRT bug reports, and
the 6000 untouched bugs that will be closed in a month. If we don't do
anything that 6000 will multiply at the end of the F-13 cycle.

The current scheme did not fit the majority of maintainers.This is
obvious. The numbers just prove it. Moreover, it drives users away
from reporting bugs and drives at least 1 maintainer away from
maintaining certain packages.

Instead of saying "no need to discuss, it works for me", let us try to
improve this process. Going in circular arguments will not help us.

Orcan