Ubuntu moving towards Wayland

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Fri Nov 5 12:53:15 UTC 2010

On Friday, November 05, 2010 08:17:17 am Haïkel Guémar wrote:
> Le 05/11/2010 03:10, Rahul Sundaram a écrit :
> > On 11/05/2010 06:41 AM, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:
> >
> > Considering that it was started by a Red Hat employee, I would say there
> > has already been some involvement
> >
> > Rahul
>
> Kristian does not work for Red Hat anymore but at Intel OSTC.
> Will Ubuntu really move towards Wayland and furthermore start working
> upstream on it ? let's wait and see.
> By the way, is Wayland really usable and since Kristian's departure, is
> Red Hat still involved in the project ?

Intel and Nokia seems to be very interested in this project for MeeGo stuff and
embedded systems (like smartphones etc.). So I think it has a quite good backing
to be further developed. Even Qt is now ported to Wayland, I expected just
another graphics system port but they are working on complete own architecture -
next to win, x11, macosx (not only gfx, but events etc.)

Jaroslav

--
Jaroslav Řezník <jreznik at redhat.com>

Office: +420 532 294 275