bugzilla bugzappers?

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 21:06:32 UTC 2010

On Thu, 04 Nov 2010 23:58:21 +0000, Jóhann wrote:

> On behalf of all reporters that have never received a response from a
> maintainer on a component they have reported against I not only ask the
> ABRT maintainers to block any reports against those component that a
> maintainer has not responded but I also request that those components
> get removed from bugzilla.redhat.com.

Weird idea. Not sure it's worth commenting on it. The problem with
maintainers not responding to some tickets can have multiple reasons.
Some components literally are flooded with new tickets. Hundreds.
Thousands. It's obvious that they all cannot be processed other than
by scripts. For other components, the maintainer may be occupied with
many packages but one. And still the one package may be updated regularly
with upstream releases that include fixes for various issues. It's just
the bugzilla grunt work that's not done for that package. Interesting
would be to determine the packages that are [somewhat] neglected with
regard to incoming tickets because of no spare time to take care of them.

Much more interesting would be to determine those maintainers, who
seem to neglect all of most of their bugzilla tickets for all or most
of their packages.