bugzilla bugzappers?

Alexander Kurtakov akurtako at redhat.com
Sat Nov 6 10:23:00 UTC 2010

> On Sat, 06 Nov 2010 04:17:59 +0000, Jóhann wrote:

> > > These packages should be examined and analysed individually and
> > > consequences be drawn upon, if neccessary even if they might be
> > > unpleasant
> >
> > Agreed...
> >
> > JBG
>
> Agreeing doesn't fix the resource problems. For special packages, it's
> obvious.
>
>   http://bugz.fedoraproject.org/kernel
>   1374 bugs found
>
> For others, it isn't.
>
>   http://bugz.fedoraproject.org/gftp
>   49 bugs found
>
> But the bugzapping EOL script treats all packages equally, afaik. It would
> also kill off _the single one_ major crasher ticket for a maintainer's
> single package just because nobody replies in bugzilla.

It's not going to "kill" the bug - it will ask the submitter to check whether
the bug still applies to newer Fedora version.
Why does everyone want to put more and more burden on maintainers and arguing
about small things that users should do?
How can you expect a maintainer to fix/respond to hundreds of bugs and not
expect the user to verify his/her bug still applies?

Alex