bugzilla bugzappers?

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Sat Nov 6 13:08:35 UTC 2010

On Sat, Nov 06, 2010 at 12:23:00PM +0200, Alexander Kurtakov wrote:

> Why does everyone want to put more and more burden on maintainers and arguing
> about small things that users should do?
> How can you expect a maintainer to fix/respond to hundreds of bugs and not
> expect the user to verify his/her bug still applies?

I have no problem to verify a bug when the maintainer is ready to fix
it. But it is pretty annoying to verify it within a small time window
regularly just to have it ignored till the next EOL date. This has no
benefit and is only a big waste of manpower which we do not have too
much of. So for bug reporters that are also package maintainers, the
productive time of these maintainers is reduced by this procedure.

Regards
Till