Ubuntu moving towards Wayland

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sat Nov 6 18:39:33 UTC 2010

On Sat, Nov 06, 2010 at 05:28:08PM +0100, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:
> First I think you should probably head over to the Wayland mailing list and
> get involved there. That's something I also recommend to Richard because if
> you want certain features to be present now is a good time to make your
> voices heard over there.

It's already been done, and the developers have been busily rejecting
them out of hand, eg:

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/wayland-devel/2010-November/000028.html
[1]

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/wayland-devel/2010-November/000031.html

https://groups.google.com/group/wayland-display-server/browse_thread/thread/e7ed0c0118fb31b4?hl=en.#

Rich.

[1] As an aside, the point the original poster in that thread makes
about client-side decorations is very valid.  If you've used Windows
or OS X at all, you'll have seen how a buggy application can
monopolize the display so nothing can be moved or killed or switched.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/