What are differences between real and rpmbuild's environment?

Michal Hlavinka mhlavink at redhat.com
Mon Nov 8 14:49:28 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to find out what are differences between environment for local rpm
build and usual user's environment. I've added regression tests to %check
section of ksh spec file. These tests never fails when executed in user's
environment, but some of them always fail when executed as part of rpm build
process. I've tried to compare variable in the environment and ulimit values,
but there does not seem to be any significant difference. I've also tried to use
the same script generated by rpmbuild for %check section (from
/var/tmp/rpm.*), but still it does not reproduce the problem. Any ideas?

Michal