Why should I ever bother filing another bug?

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 9 02:30:54 UTC 2010

On 2010/11/08 18:06 (GMT-0800) Adam Williamson composed:

> I don't see why this is a huge deal. There's a bug in Bugzilla that it
> doesn't merge CC lists when you dupe bugs, yeah. Aside from that? What's
> the huge problem with duping an older bug to a newer one?

Like I said, let the people who actually fix bugs both find them and file
them. There's no point in anyone else bothering. Triagers won't be necessary,
saving everyone time, cluttering the tracker with fewer dupes. And, they'll
always look, according to buglists, as if they were fixed more quickly than
they really were. Everybody wins, except those who can't fix bugs but would
like to feel their testing and reporting serves a purpose.

  Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/