Why should I ever bother filing another bug?

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 04:14:35 UTC 2010

Hello,

On Mon, 2010-11-08 at 21:30 -0500, Felix Miata wrote:
> Like I said, let the people who actually fix bugs both find them and
> file
> them.

You need to rethink this. Maintainers(ones who actually fix the bugs)
already have enough work on their hands. Adding "look, manage multiple
copies of the same error and comment them all" will just add to their
workload. Triagers are there for a reason. Bug triaging is there for a
reason. The current work flow is good. The only thing that happened
incorrectly here was that bugzilla did not add CCs to the bug. There's a
bug filed for this, as Peter already mentioned.

A bug that has more comments from reporters will not have more priority
than one that has more comments from the maintainer. Maintainers need
one bug report per issue. Multiple bug reports are no extra help. As
long as even one bug report with good info exists, and the maintainer is
aware of it, I see no problem anywhere.

--
Thanks!
Regards,