What are differences between real and rpmbuild's environment?

Michal Hlavinka mhlavink at redhat.com
Tue Nov 9 09:02:54 UTC 2010

On Monday, November 08, 2010 16:26:22 Rex Dieter wrote:
> Michal Hlavinka wrote:
> > I'm trying to find out what are differences between environment for local
> > rpm build and usual user's environment.
>
> You mean the difference between rpmbuild and... a manual "./configure;
> make"?

something like that but without configure and make. Just the %check section.
Executed by rpmbuild at the end of rpm build process VS running %check section
script by hand with the same ksh binary.

> For starters, see rpm's output from
>
> rpm --eval "%{configure}" which sets variance build/optimization flags.

configure makes no difference here, because I'm always using the same ksh binary

> and rpmbuild also does:
> LANG=C ; export LANG
> unset DISPLAY

I tried this, no difference