Why should I ever bother filing another bug?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Nov 9 17:46:22 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-11-09 at 12:16 -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-11-09 at 08:45 -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
>
> > So, once more for the cheap seats: *why* do you think closing an older
> > bug as a dupe of a newer one is a respect issue? What's the big problem
> > with it?
>
> As a devel - I've found that I close bugs as dupes of other bugs and I
> try to have the bug which has the most succinct explanation of the
> problem and the solution as the one that everything is duped TO.
>
> That way when I look at open bugs I get the best one, not the others.
>
> the order they came in doesn't matter, imo.

right, that seems to be the approach Lubomir took.

I don't see a problem with that approach, to be frank, I can't see any
intrinsic reason why we should prescribe always making the oldest report
the 'original'; it does seem to make more sense to make the most useful
report the 'original'.

Only point to note is that it would definitely be a good thing to fix
Bugzilla to merge the CC lists, I'll file a bug on that. =)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey