Plan for tomorrow's FESCo meeting (2010-11-10)

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Nov 9 19:07:25 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-11-09 at 12:02 -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Following is the list of topics that will be discussed in the FESCo
> meeting tomorrow at 18:30UTC (1:30pm EDT) in #fedora-meeting on
> irc.freenode.net.
>
> = Followups =
>
> #topic Updates policy
>
> #351 Create a policy for updates - status report on implementation
> https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/351
> #382 Implementing Stable Release Vision
> https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/382
>
> * F12 critical path/update testing issues. (does it matter this close to EOL?)

Two things - it's generally a good idea to at least push a final set of
fixes for outstanding major issues (esp. security) before going EOL.
Also, there's a more generic case here: it's possible and probably
likely that we'll have an ongoing issue trying to apply the policy to
whatever release is stable-but-not-latest at any given time; as people
move up to F14, the problem will likely move across to F13, we'll have
fewer people running it, fewer proventesters running it, and we'll start
seeing delays for F13 updates the way we did for F12 updates. So please
discuss the generic case as well as F12 specifics.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey