Why should I ever bother filing another bug?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Nov 9 21:40:41 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-11-09 at 21:31 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> > In practice, we run very few metrics on Bugzilla
>
> This is the problem we should be gather all kinds of bug metrics and
> general component activity from bugzilla.
>
> This is very vital information for QA group to harvest and have.
> ( without it we cant find the areas were both parties can do better. )
>
> And since there is general will amongst reporters that this information
> is collected this I maintainers if they are opposed that this
> information will be harvested?
>
> If so why?

no-one's opposed to it. Just no-one's actually stepping up to do it.
We've had three attempts so far within bugzappers to get metrics going,
and it never works out, because no-one follows through. Demanding that
it happen is not going to magically make it happen; someone has to do
the work.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey