still a 2TB limit in F14 Anaconda, for LVM PV size

Eric Smith eric at brouhaha.com
Thu Nov 11 19:54:54 UTC 2010

I just tried to install F14 on a new server with a 7.6 TB RAID (five
Hitachi 2 TB drives on a 3ware 9750).  I was pleased to see that the
disk partitioning interface in Anaconda recognized the array and didn't
have a problem with the size, reporting it as 7629352 MB.  Unfortunately
it won't let me create an LVM PV larger than 2 TB (2095151 MB).  And if
I try to create two PVs, it limits them to 1 TB each.

Is there any good reason to have this limit, or should I report it as a
bug against Anaconda (or some other component)?

Thanks,
Eric