Fedora 15, new and exciting plans

Ric Wheeler rwheeler at redhat.com
Fri Nov 12 16:54:20 UTC 2010

On 11/12/2010 11:46 AM, Chris Lumens wrote:
>> * btrfs (Is this ready to be default? :) If so, would that warrant a
>>    change in our lvm by default setup?
> I don't think we are quite ready for this yet.  I do have "btrfs
> strategy" on my todo list, though.  I'm hoping we can start talking at
> FUDCon about what we want btrfs to do for us, possibly taking the place
> of LVM.
>
> - Chris

We have been spending a lot of time and thought trying to scheme about how to
accelerate btrfs. At this point, it is actually fairly stable but still missing
key things (most notably a fsck that can fix the file system!).

Last week at plumbers, we did get a large chunk of the btrfs developers together
for a few hours and have been working to make sure that we have sufficient
people working to get this done...

Ric