The new Update Acceptance Criteria are broken

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Nov 12 20:02:03 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-11-12 at 14:54 -0500, Simo Sorce wrote:

> Adam why should security updates wait at all ?
> Do you fear some packager will flag as security updates that are not ?
> Surely we can deal with such maintainer if that happens...

I don't have a hugely strong opinion either way, but the stated reason
by those who do is that security updates can be broken just like any
other. We don't have a magic 'infallible' switch on packagers which we
toggle only when they're building a security update. :)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey