Fedora 15, new and exciting plans

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Sat Nov 13 01:57:28 UTC 2010

On Fri, 12.11.10 12:09, Josef Bacik (josef at toxicpanda.com) wrote:

> Another criteria I have for making it default is I want grub support,
> specifically grub2.  So until grub2 is in Fedora and we have btrfs
> patches upstream in grub2 I have no intention of making it the default
> in Fedora.  Thanks,

Some folks at LPC suggested we should switch from grub to syslinux
rather than grub2. Meego uses syslinux. I have little clue how both
compare, but maybe it's worth considering syslinux given that we already
use it for the cd booting and maybe we should consolidate our options
and use syslinux everywhere?

Supposedly syslinux already has btrfs support.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.