Retiring genesis

Andrea Musuruane musuruan at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 18:20:54 UTC 2010

Hi all,
    I've read some months late the following announcement regarding genesis:
https://launchpad.net/genesis-sync/+announcement/5958

Genesis is now strictly linked to Ubuntu development deprecating the
system tray altogether and encouraging the use of application
indicators. Moreover the focus is now on quick access to basic sync
operations, leaving configuration tasks and fine-grained control to
syncevolution-gtk.

I do not think it is still valuable to have genesis in Fedora. What
kind of retirement policy do you suggest? I.e. when do you think I
should retire it?

This would be the first package I retire. If I understand correctly I
have to follow this process:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_remove_a_package_at_end_of_life

Regards,

Andrea.