Fedora 15, new and exciting plans

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 12:04:27 UTC 2010

> This is a silly straw-man.  No one[1] formats external HDs with
> anything other than MS-DOS FAT.  Fedora changing the default for the
> main hard disk will not make any difference to this case of your
> contrarian user giving away LVM-formatted USB drives.

Agreed kinda bad example on my behalf since I based it on real live
scenario in which I had been approached by a not so experienced Linux
user which actually had formatting and partition his external drive as
LVM ( and was having trouble with it ) and when I asked why he choose to
format and partition with LVM he said and I quote " I just took look at
how it was setup on my desktop so I decided to create the same since I
expected it would just work if I plugged it to another Linux box I had
setup at home".

I'll have it in mind next time I mention a simple test case that it
should be targeted against mixed OS environments instead of having it
solely focusing on easy of use and interoperability between Linux
implementations.

JBG