Fedora 15, new and exciting plans

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 19:14:53 UTC 2010

On 11/15/2010 05:30 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 03:03:28PM +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>>> Strongly no to this. We need to have fewer choices during the installation
>>> and more flexibility later. LVM provides this.
>> So we agree on disagreeing.
>>
>> Let's go the middle path here what about we default to ext4 but on the
>> partition scene in Anaconda you can choose to partition with LVM and
>> even btrfs for that matter if it is doable that is?  ( User still has to
>> select/confirm "partitioning" adding these option to choose from there
>> should not be a burden to him )
> How is that a middle path? That's doing it exactly wrong.

Depends on how you look at it.

I mean if users are incapable of actually using the already provided
custom partition layout and choose there to use lvm but they are
experienced user and would be taking advantage of all the bells and
whistle lvm provides there would be an option for them to choose it
right in front of them and we still could default to ext4 only install...

JBG