Fedora 15, new and exciting plans

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Mon Nov 15 22:01:30 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 4:13 PM, Matthew Garrett <mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 08:43:39PM +0100, Karel Klic wrote:
>> Dne 12.11.2010 17:35, Kevin Fenzi napsal(a):
>> > Any other exciting work in progress that might land in F15 that people
>> > are actively working on?
>>
>> ABRT with retrace server support, and a retrace server instance up and
>> running. It will improve the quality of backtraces.
>
> How does the user verify that there are no passwords or other personal
> information in the core dump?

I don't think it really works to ask the user to do that in practice
(though I'm not going to go scanning through bugzilla to try to prove
the point).  It would work out better to:

1) Have crashes be anonymous by default
2) Limited access to crash dump data (for a given package, only allow
access by people in the ACLs for those packages?)
3) Still warn the user that it may contain private data, and allow
them not to submit (obviously)