Fedora 15, new and exciting plans

Karel Klic kklic at redhat.com
Tue Nov 16 17:57:19 UTC 2010

Dne 16.11.2010 11:04, Nicolas Mailhot napsal(a):
> Le Lun 15 novembre 2010 23:51, Karel Klic a écrit :
>> Major advantage of the retrace server is that you can get a good
>> backtraces even from unfresh coredumps.
>
> And why can't this be done with debuginfofs ? It's the same data.

GDB pretty printers (written in Python) need to be in the in the same
tree as GDB. They are distributed among packages, so if you want them,
you need to install GDB and coredump-related packages (containing the
pretty printers, in version which matches the coredump) to some
directory, chroot there, and then run the GDB. Then it outputs
prettified backtrace.

I haven't spent too much time thinking about debuginfofs, so I do not
know what would be possible if we'd work on it.