Fixing the glibc adobe flash incompatibility

Matt McCutchen matt at mattmccutchen.net
Wed Nov 17 16:46:08 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-11-17 at 16:32 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> Dont we have an upstream mantra to uphold...
>
> Forward all Fedora users and otherwize that experience this to Adobe..
>
> If we are going hack around this on our side where are we going to draw
> the line..
>
> Are we planning to start hacking around every ill written code out there?

Hopefully not; this is a particularly high-visibility issue.  Looking at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Objectives and related pages, Fedora has
to weigh the desire for things to "just work" for the envisioned user
base against the desire not to do something technically inferior to
accommodate non-free software.  I'm happy to let FESCo decide this.

--
Matt