does fedora maven eclipse plugin work?

Stanislav Ochotnicky sochotnicky at
Wed Nov 17 18:22:32 UTC 2010

On 11/17/2010 06:52 PM, Marius Andreiana wrote:
> Hi,
> Trying to clarify this here instead of bugzilla...
> After a
> yum -y install 'java-*-openjdk-devel' eclipse-anyedit eclipse-checkstyle
> eclipse-dtp eclipse-emf eclipse-jdt eclipse-mylyn eclipse-mylyn-java
> eclipse-platform eclipse-pydev eclipse-pydev-mylyn eclipse-subclipse
> eclipse-svnkit maven-eclipse-plugin
> and using eclipse with a new user account, it doesn't appear to have the
> plugin setup. e.g. File -> Import -> Maven is missing. File -> New -> Other
> -> Maven is also missing.
> Am *I* missing something? :)

I believe you are a bit mistaken. maven-eclipse-plugin is plugin *for*
maven to support creating eclipse project files from pom.xml [1]

There must be other package you are looking for, but I'll let someone
else answer that part of you inquiry (since I have no idea :-) ).

Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky at>

PGP: 71A1677C
Red Hat Inc.