Plan for tomorrow's FESCo meeting (2010-11-17)

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Nov 17 22:04:14 UTC 2010

Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> So, there are no folks in the KDE sig using F13 anymore?
>
> Perhaps call for testers in the users / kde lists?

I think this issue goes far, far beyond just KDE. There are packages which
have few users even for Fedora n, let alone n-1.

Yet another example of the update processes delaying an update for ages is
the recent libgsf update
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/libgsf-1.14.18-1.fc13 , which was
stuck for a month until the maintainer sent a nagmail to this mailing list
(a method to get provenpackager attention which doesn't really scale).
(libgsf is critpath due to being a dependency of something critical, so it
gets the extra-hardcore policy.)

The processes just don't work, for the EXACT reasons I had brought up back
when they were about to be introduced. It's time to stop living in denial,
admit that the new processes are a failure and repeal them entirely.

        Kevin Kofler