Fixing the glibc adobe flash incompatibility

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Wed Nov 17 22:28:41 UTC 2010

On 11/17/2010 05:20 PM, Gregory Maxwell wrote:

> The original testing that went with the GLIBC patches also showed no
> speedup on the hardware Linus uses, but it did show an impressive
> (perhaps too impressive) speedup on other hardware:
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.glibc.alpha/15278

  Ok - but % speedups are just one metric - the absolute time is also
important.

 If something went from 20 ms to 60 ms its a huge % percentage speedup
but could well be irrelevant in real world app setting - so my question
is not the % speedup on the function, but the observed speedup in
application setting (flash for example).