Fixing the glibc adobe flash incompatibility

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Nov 17 23:42:56 UTC 2010

Andrew Haley wrote:
> So we should be able simply to patch glibc, right?  Can't see any reason
> not to.

Because it's NOT a bug in glibc, because what glibc does is CORRECT, because
it actually POINTS OUT bugs in applications which are portability issues and
can hurt future optimization opportunities (regardless of whether the
current implementation really is faster than before or not) and, most
importantly, because it is NOT our job to work around bugs in proprietary
software!

        Kevin Kofler