Fixing the glibc adobe flash incompatibility

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Nov 17 23:58:52 UTC 2010

Magnus Glantz wrote:
> Because Adobe is not the one that pretty quickly risks loosing users.
> Ignoring flash content on the web is not done as easy as you can change
> between two Linux distributions.

Uh, for me it's much easier. I've run for years without ANY Flash plugin. At
the moment, I'm running Gnash (actually Klash, the KPart for Konqueror), but
those Flash things which work with it more often than not just annoy me (ads
etc.), so I keep considering just removing it.

I really don't see why Flash keeps getting considered "essential"
(particularly with YouTube now supporting HTML5 video).

        Kevin Kofler