Fixing the glibc adobe flash incompatibility

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Thu Nov 18 15:05:33 UTC 2010

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 08:58:03AM +0100, drago01 wrote:
> Sure can.
> >  4.5 No Modification or Reverse Engineering. You shall not modify, adapt,
> >  translate or create derivative works based upon the Software. You shall not
> >  reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to discover
> >  the source code of the Software. [...]
> As long as you don't redistribute it you can do whatever you want with it.

Depends on how binding that license is. It clearly says no modification,
even for personal use.

The risk of actual legal action is infinitesimally small, unless Adobe gets
infected with space zombie madness plague. And it may not be legally
binding. But their intent is clear.

I say: we want people to follow the intent of the licenses we put on our
software, let's follow the licenses they put on theirs, or else not use the
software.

--
Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org>