Fedora 15, new and exciting plans

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sat Nov 20 05:46:20 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-11-15 at 10:23 -0500, Nathaniel McCallum wrote:

> libconcord-0:0.21-10.fc14.i686
> libconcord-0:0.21-10.fc14.x86_64

This one's a bit tricky, as it does something unique that you can't do
any other way (it lets you program Logitech Harmony remote controls -
Logitech only provide a tool for Windows, and AFAIK there's no other
Linux tool available), and to my knowledge there's no patch to make it
not use HAL available.

On the positive side, it doesn't do anything terribly complicated, it
just ships a single HAL rules file which does this:

        <append key="info.capabilities" type="strlist">access_control</append>
        <merge key="access_control.file"
               type="copy_property">linux.device_file</merge>
        <merge key="access_control.type" type="string">libconcord</merge>
      </match>

for a bunch of different devices (all the various supported remotes). I
don't know exactly what that is, but I can't imagine it'd be terribly
hard to port to udev or something for anyone who does know about it.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey