Fedora 15, new and exciting plans

Michał Piotrowski mkkp4x4 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 18:34:03 UTC 2010

2010/11/20 Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com>:
> On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 06:57:16PM +0100, Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
>> Interesting. But the short version of that means that all those
>> users are useless in their current form, and could be removed?
>
> An administrator might decide to enable one of these accounts, but I'd
> say that would be pretty unwise.  Maybe if your computer is absolutely
> never attached to a network :-)
>
> The only other things I can think of:
>
> - Could there be the odd file that is owned by one of these users?
>  (Likely a bug I would think ...)

Is there any rpm error message when you install package with such file
and user isn't exist?

> - It's required by some standard like POSIX or FHS.  My google-fu
>  turns up nothing right now, but I could have missed something.

Yeah, possible. But to me it means that these standards need to be updated.

It seems to me that ancient, obsolete things should be removed
(someone may want to create museum page - "Antique things that have
been removed" :)), not preserved for ages.