Plan for tomorrow's FESCo meeting (2010-11-17)

Miloslav Trmač mitr at volny.cz
Sat Nov 20 19:30:50 UTC 2010

Adam Williamson píše v So 20. 11. 2010 v 08:44 -0800:
> I really don't see how you can say that testing updates is a 'waste of
> time' with a straight face. It *takes* time, yes. It may be boring
> sometimes, yes. But a waste of time? Do you write your code perfectly
> first time, every time?
That is not the relevant question.  As is apparent, we don't have an
infinite amount of manpower that we can choose to use or not to use on
testing.  When you are asking package maintainers to test the packages,
you are implicitly asking them to give up doing something else, which is
likely to be actually fixing of previously reported bugs.

If the "something else" is more important than testing the update,
testing the updates truly is a waste of time.
Mirek